This week we look at Kant’s criticism of rational psychology and its conception of the soul. We’ll discuss both Kant’s criticisms and the relation between these criticisms and his own position concerning the self.
- CPR: Dialectical Inferences, B396-8 (Guyer & Wood 409-10); The Paralogisms, B399-B431 (Guyer & Wood, 411-15, 445-58)
- OPTIONAL: Rosefeldt, Subjects of Kant’s First Paralogism
- OPTIONAL: Wuerth, The Paralogisms of Pure Reason
- OPTIONAL: Proops, Kant’s First Paralogism
- What is a “paralogism”?
- What is “rational psychology”?
- What is Kant’s core criticism of rational psychology?